Friday, March 16

Am I so dear? Do I run rare?

I am sitting in my room. I am listening to music. This music is blissful to me. It is so beautiful, so very beautiful. Her harp, her voice, they are such a peculiar combination, so real and so fantastic at the same time. It is incredible how one of such gentle, delicate and innocuous nature can bring such a bitter, lonely and stoic despiser as myself to the point of tears. Sometimes I think that I am trapped in some kind of illusion that she produces; no one else sees and hears what I see and hear from her maternal and nurturing gaze as she concentrates on those oscillating wires. It makes me feel like I am being tempted and entranced my some cruel and longing siren. Of course, I can never feel this way for more than one or two seconds, it is just so strange to me that only a few others feel the same way. I forget occasionally, that she is like me. A person. Once in a while, my mind gets the best of me, I imagine that she is a fairy/faerie/phaerie, a nymph, or any other creature of the Forrest and Wood. I forget that she lives in California, that she is human, that she sings with her harp on stage, and that she tours and travels and drives. It is an idea that is still hard for me to remember sometimes. Oh Joanna, if you could only see the beauty you are! Maybe you do...

Peach, Plum Pear,
~Sir December

3 comments:

Jessica said...

it's incredible how she makes you feel, her music can almost emit a glow around your being. that is how john lennon makes me feel.

Sir December said...

yes, exacty... the way some specific music hits you. its like we're all tuned to some special musician or group of them. Maybe everyone has somebody like that?!

Unknown said...

and you've changed some.